A Warm Welcome to You...

Writing...

Welcome to my blog.

With you visiting here, we have something in common! Maybe as a prospecting client, a newbie writer, an old trusted friend, a fellow writer, a previous client perhaps or simply just as a reader. The fact remain we are all bound by one simple act - writing - the oldest way of evidential communication.

Enjoy your visit, join as a member and feel free to leave your comment or just share in our hospitality.

It is good to have you here, welcome.

~ SA Professional~

Thursday, August 27, 2009

“Oh! You are an article writer! What do you write?”

Every time I have to disclose my occupation for some or other reason it appears as if I have just landed from another planet! “Oh! You are an article writer! What do you write?” “I write articles for websites…” “Oh! That must be very interesting…”

I can not help to think for myself “goodness people? From what time and age are you? Don’t you use the internet? Where do you think all the information of all the websites come from?”


Why Do We Write?


Do you write articles because it is a way of earning extra money part time? Alternatively, do you write because you are an expressionist and find writing to be a comfortable and safe way to express yourself?


Maybe you find writing to be the perfect way to clear your mind while relaxing at the same time.


I write because I am absolutely hopelessly inquisitive. Writing articles for clients open up thousands of different worlds of which you never even might have thought of. Things like dental vacations! I am having a hard time just to visit the dentist if really needed due to the fear I have for these people and there are actually people who go on a week long dental vacation! Unbelievable!


More so too because I hate stagnation. I can not imagine myself doing the same thing every day at the same time, day in and day out over and over again. When writing articles for the web, you run through various topics a day, research and read, communicate with clients, inspire new writers. Never a dull moment.


Writing provides me with an income with the freedom to schedule and apply my time according to my own needs and the requirements of my family. I have the freedom to choose when and how much I want to work. However, don’t forget, if you work freelance there is no boss looking over your shoulder to ensure you deliver the work you are getting paid for! You and you alone determine you remuneration just as you determine your working hours and quantity of work. Self discipline is of the essence if you want to be successful.


At the end, the most important reason of all – I have a passion for writing. Starting with a simple thought and turning it into a piece of work that makes your client smile is priceless.



So why do you write?

6 comments:

  1. Ah so, you've got that are-you-alien befuddeled look from people and just go used to it cause there's no getting over the fact that some people just have ink their veins - Royal Blue at that. And, you cannot explain to a non-writer how you straddle a thousand universes with each new idea or topic... Ah, you are blessed, in a secret way. May your writing fulfill you. Always. A fan, A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog. You seem to be very dedicated to writing, just like me! You are lucky to work a job which makes you happy and never feel bored with it, even for a second. I have no words to admire to your writing skills- it is not up to practicing, you just have a gift. Good wishes and I am sure you will become even more successful than you are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dedication is definitely your gift to the writing industry. You point out the important skills each writer must possess for success. Thank you for giving such terrific guidelines for all of us to follow! Wishing you continued success!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. An Excellent Blog ! You took the words right out of my mouth by relating to our chosen passion we share. Would also like to add that, the question which follows their initial astonishment is " Which magazine or newspaper do u write for"....and after an essay of explanation ...."What does it pay you; or does that pay you anything??" by then my enthusiasm of any further conversation regarding this to that particular crowd is lulled! ........Thank you for this blog and educating us on this .
    Your writing is honest, lucid, frank and most importantly passionate - I hope to read more of what you have to share with us here.

    ReplyDelete